Accomplished instructor and designer with a proven track record in Graphic Design and Art Direction, specializing in custom publishing and integrated marketing approaches, which increase brand awareness and product sales. Experienced at collaborating with students, clients, vendors, production managers and printers to produce pieces that get results. Enthusiastic communicator committed to improving both process and product, based on strategy, concept and design.
OWNER » Andrea Stork: design, Portage MI 1996-Present
Design firm specializing in publication and print design solutions. Clients include: BusinessWeek magazine, Lintas: Campbell-Ewald, The Engineering Society of Detroit, The Fulkerson Group, GM BuyPower, Hampton Publishing, Lawrence Productions, and Metropolitan Woman magazine.
INSTRUCTOR » Center for Art and New Media at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Kalamazoo MI2005-Present
Part time instructor for Art 101: Design and Appreciation, a fundamental course dealing with the elements of design and how they are incorporated into new media and art projects. GRD 210: Design Studio, course function as a design studio where clients come work with student designers on real projects. GRD219: Portfolio Projects, working with graduating students to develop a polished portfolio, and life skills necessary to go on to begin working in a creative field or transfer to a 4 year art school.
ART SUPERVISOR » C-E Communications, Warren, MI1993-1996
Oversee design and art direction for 12 custom publications, and assist in new business development. Assumed frontline design role in multiple domestic and international direct marketing communication programs Continental One Pass and Whirlpool. Supervised and mentored a staff of four designers.
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR » Lintas: Campbell-Ewald, Warren, MI1991-1993
Design and art direction of editorial content for a variety of custom published magazines and newsletters. Work closely with editors and production department. Commission illustration and photography.
ART DIRECTOR » Michigan Woman Magazine, Birmingham, MI1988-1990
Developed a new look for this monthly, regional women’s magazine. Collaborated closely with the editor and owner to create branding. Commissioned illustration and photography. Coordinated all production and printing.
INSTRUCTOR » Wayne State University Art Department, Detroit, MI1990
Created curriculum and taught 200 level Advertising Design night class during the regular instructors leave of absence.
OWNER » Stork Graphics, Ypsilanti and Dearborn, MI1986-1990
Graphic design. Clients include: American Express Group and Incentive Services, The Ann Arbor Inn, Avanti Cards, Channel 56-WTVS, Computer Training and Support, Events Marketing, First Commercial Realty and Development, Maritz Communications, O/E Learning, Parks Production, Sun Graphics and Visual Information Systems.
ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR » Automobile Magazine, Ann Arbor, MI1985-1986
Designed and produced editorial content for this new automotive enthusiast magazine.
ART DIRECTOR » Car and Driver Magazine, Ann Arbor, MI1982-1985
Designed and produced editorial layouts for this established publication.
Art Director » Lansing Magazine, Lansing, MI1980-1981
Responsible for creating layouts and artwork for local monthly publication.
Bachelor of Fine Arts » Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 1980
Graphic design and Printmaking. Graduated with Honors.
Associations / Organizations
- American Cancer Society, Kalamazoo County Relay for Life, team captain
- American Institute of Graphic Design, Detroit chapter, board member
- Art Directors Club of Detroit, President, Vice President and board member
- Artist and Illustrators Collective, member
- Breakfast Optimist Club of Kalamazoo, Optimist International member
- Dale Carnegie Training, Graduate Assistant
- Petal Pushers, Garden club member
- Kalamazoo Area Foot Chase, board member and designer
- Kalamazoo Area Women’s Festival, board member and designer
- Kalamazoo County Safe Kids Coalition, board member and PR chair
- Safe Kids Champion Award
- The Communicator Award, Best Redesign
- Ozzie Award of Excellence, Silver and Bronze
- Girl Scout Leadership Award
- Dale Carnegie, 10X Graduate Assistant Award
- Creative Arts Scholarship, Michigan State University
- Michigan Competitive Scholarship, Michigan State University
- Second Place Printmaking, MSU Undergraduate Show
Personal and professional references available upon request.